Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Making life a little less angry!!

Today started out a little rocky for me.  I'm super busy today and the house was a mess.  Someone is coming over tonight that I don't know that well.  That means I have to clean my butt off!! If I know you, it's different, you know I clean on a regular basis and it doesn't have to be spotless.  If I don't know you, well first impressions last!!

Needless to say when I have a lot of cleaning to do, I'm not the sweetest person.  Hubby and I got into an argument and it ended with both of us being mad.  Stupid fight over cleaning!  I need help and I didn't go about it the right way.

I know this is a common fight and that I'm not alone.  I just don't want to fight anymore, I want help and I don't want to have to scream like a Ban Sidhe to get it!

This has led me to wonder what can we work on today?  What are we doing in our own lives that is destructive to our own marriages or families and how can we turn them into a positive?

Please think of three of your biggest fights with your spouse or kids,

Write them down,

Next lets write things we think we can do to improve the situation (no forcing the other person to do as we want them to is not a solution).  How can we change or tweek what we say or do, so that it causes us, and the ones we love less stress?


I am going to do a mind map on this one too.  I find it is easier to brainstorm in a circular pattern rather than vertical! :)

That and gratitude is all I ask of you today!  Little steps to a happier you!!!

Pictures to follow later if I can get to it!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment