Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

a crack in the facade...

So I am only slightly embarrassed to say, as of this moment my water is shut off. Ooops. I really thought I paid it. I guess I forgot with all the craziness that is my life. I can make excuses until the cows come home, I flucked (my own private cuss word LOL) up and in the spirit of yesterday's post, I take full responsibility for it. I have already gone to the City Hall building to pay for it. I am now waiting for the nice men to come and turn it back on. I am married to a plumber who could turn it on for me, but that's illegal I think, so I patiently wait for the nice men to undo my mistake.

The thing that's oh so funny is that I haven't showered yet. It's 12:45 pm. I have been planning on going to the gym all morning and work out, then shower... My procrastination is for another blog post though LOL! :)

The point of me sharing this with you is simple. Before I turned 30, I had this crazy obsession with being "perfect". It drove me and everyone around me nuts. Now that i am in my early 30's I realize a few things... Perfection is boring, unrealistic and a pain in the arse!!! I had a friend who put on the "perfect" facade to everyone. She would secretly would let me see the chaos behind the mask. When she started to only show me the mask, I said goodbye. I couldn't keep up or relate anymore.

Can you think of someone who is "perfect"? Someone who wants you to think they are "perfect"? Are they fun, warm and spontaneous or are they tight lipped, boastful and uptight?

My husband's frequent quote "Perfectionist is another word for A$$hole".

So my friends another piece of the "perfect" facade has come crashing down. I am totally okay with it. In fact it makes me more compassionate and enjoy what I do have even more. You never know when you will have to live without something we all take for granted!! It's only for a few hours, but it reminds me how lucky I am to have a home that has fresh, clean, hot, cold and filtered water!

This may all be ramblings... I don't really care LOL. I feel better. It's one more tiny blip on the radar that is my life. Tomorrow it will be forgotten but the lesson will have been learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment