Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Abundigas Recipe

(OMG great mexican meatball soup). I will stop here and attach how I do it, (the red headed Gringa that I am LOL). Make meatballs (there are tons of recipes or you can buy them already made frozen!) I make mine out of Turkey. :)

Meatballs
1 can of tomato sauce
1 box of chicken broth
Garlic
2-3 Carrots
2-3 Celery Stalks
1/4-1/2 an Onion
1 bunch Ciltantro
Cumin
Zucchini
Garlic Powder and Onion Powder make it better but not a must!
1/4- 1/2 a lemon (juice only)
Salt

Okay here is my problem I don't ever really measure unless I am baking. So I add as much veggies as I can. I would start with a teaspoon of Cumin and a pinch of salt and add a little at a time until you think there is enough! :) Cilantro is a must!!! It makes it so good!! If you don't like it, it's still good. Cook with a little cilantro then I throw some extra uncooked Cilantro in when serving up.

I don't know the "official" cooking time, I simmer on med-low for about 30 mins and serve. The veggies are cooked but still crunchish!

No comments:

Post a Comment