Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Perfection is another word for @$$hole!

Am I the only one who's tired of "rules" that make no sense... in fact they aren't really rules. More like society's pressures. Is it TV? Is it movies? Is it other Moms and women pretending to be perfect?

I admit it I used to try to convince everyone I was perfect. It was the first time I had ever stayed home. I had a two year old and a newborn. I joined a Moms group (which I later got kicked out of LOL! That is another story, just know I am a good person, but I don't take crap). I felt this over whelming pressure to have a perfect home, perfectly hair, perfectly dressed children (with girls their hair had to be perfect too). I had to pretend I had it all together. Well I suck at lying. I failed at it. I scrubbed the floor by hand, cleaned for hours every day, for a while. I couldn't keep it up. Don't get me wrong, I clean, I pick up, I do laundry (which I hate), but it's not perfect. My kids (I now have three, which sent me over the edge, but that is for another blog) have messy rooms! Gasp! I clean them with or for them every few months. I'm afraid bugs or mice will be lurking in there if I don't LOL!

My grandmother always tells me neat freaks are the most boring people ever! "No one wants to hear about how clean your house is." So true! Most of us are trying to live life, raise kids, pay bills, work, teach, sleep... LOL. Something has got to give. I get a certain kind of satisfaction that when I go somewhere and it's not spotless! I love that. Honestly! It means they are human too!! Our homes are here to serve us! We need a certain level of cleanliness to survive, but I can't eat off my floors, I have dogs, they do that!! LOL!! Three kids, three dogs and three bunnies (bunnies live in the classroom)... Yep I think my house is pretty damn clean considering. Not to mention I homeschool (again another blog).

Here is my bottom line. If we are friends, I DON'T CARE if your house is messy. I don't want to hang out with a hoarders nominee, but I don't care if your house isn't perfect! Enjoy your life, your family and your home. Don't let the pressure of having a perfect home steal your joy. Most people don't have a perfect home (I know this because my hubby works in peoples homes almost daily!)

Live the way YOU want, not the way you think you should!!

Have a beautiful, creative and inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment